Refer to: Chiyo no Chichi's entry on Monday, December 01, 2008

I found it very intriguing to me personally and it makes my fingers itchy. But since he doesn't have a comment box and I don't think a tag box can accommodate my long winded-ness. So yeah I'll take one entry to respond to that.

Well, I couldn't agree more with you. It's easier to understand them from where you are since it's a developed country but when it comes to people in poor country like mine, I can't comprehend them at all. They spend too much money on what they want and too little on what they need. At one point, it seems as though what they need is what they want. But I have to say that having what you want effortlessly does breed a bad habit.

Hehehe, anyway working really opens your eye, doesn't it? I have to disagree with you one thing though. Even though, money is hard to make, that's why I can afford to spend what I earned myself on what I want with no guilt. I would also be willing to spend my 1 month salary to go to UK for 1 week (if 1 month salary is enough lol).  Why? Because, if I don't go now and I may regret it later since it's not sth you can do anytime like going playing sport or going shopping. If I wait till I'm older, I may lose the adventerous spirit due to work pressure and stuff, and you may not be so free to get me around anymore since you'll be working too. Furthermore, right now, I don't have family (well, I do have family but I'm refering the one that I'm solely respsonsible for. I don't mean to insult your intelligence but I just bracket as pre-emption, in case you shoot back. :P) so majority of my salary would go to indulging my personal needs and wants. When family comes under our responsibility, we'll definitely have to redefine the term "financial planning". Yeah well, that's only how I see though.

Comments (7)

On December 5, 2008 at 1:22 AM , icebreaker said...

hmm, of course we'd be very careful with our hard-earn money lolz... esp for those in developing country like me... have to save :D

 
On December 5, 2008 at 1:56 AM , kirahikaru said...

Yeah man... but if you see how some Cambodians living overseas spending their money, you will be stunned. They spend like the sky rains money.

 
On December 5, 2008 at 3:57 AM , CnC said...

Lol..nak..I'm honoured to have one entry as a response to my thread...but anywya, I do think it's justified to spend your own money for things you like but there must be a limit on how often you can do this..

If you end up spending off all your salary every month, you will find it very hard to cope when the concept of family kicks in..so it's a matter of planning ahead for the future..hehehe..but good discussion though...

 
On December 5, 2008 at 4:57 AM , kirahikaru said...

lol yeah very true.... Nah what I meant was spending that month of Salary to go UK not spending off every month of salary. U mean that friend of urs was planning to go UK 1 week after every month of work? hahaha I hope not.

Yeah it's best if you know how to spend wisely....

 
On December 5, 2008 at 5:49 AM , CnC said...

Hahaha..not like that..His girlfriend has been here for 2 years and he has come here like 2 times? Came here last October, and then Easter, and then now Christmas? Dun you think it's too much to come here every holiday? And he is not formally working yet..currently on NS and I dun think the salary in NS is that great until you can afford a holiday to UK every 3-4 months...so yeah, points to note for his case...:)

 
On December 5, 2008 at 6:31 AM , kirahikaru said...

Whoa! no wonder I see I see... I thought he's working full time and wants to pay you a visit or sth. Man, that's seriously madness. NS salary can barely pay for half of the air ticket I think.

 
On December 5, 2008 at 8:43 PM , CnC said...

Hahaha..yea..crazy isn't it? Haiz...T_T